Recently, my pastor started a sermon series on The Bible, it’s authority, and why we should believe it.
Now, i may get into more of the “why” in later posts, but as for now, i’ll give some facts to pique all you list-loving peoples interest, but more importantly to lay down a foundation for future posts.
- The Bible is an assortment of 66 books comprised of 2 sections, the old, and new testaments.
- According to followers of Christ (myself included) The Bible is the infallible, inerrant, Word of God.
- It was written by 40 different authors from all walks of life over a span of around 1500 years.
- The Bible was originally written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.
- The Bible was the first book printed on a printing press.
- The Bible is still the best-selling book of all time!
- The Bible shows no contradictions, and any “apparent” ones, are easily debunked with a little context review.
- The Bible talks of people in many walks of life, explicitly revealing their triumphs and failures.
Now these may be somewhat interesting on paper, (or, on pixel?) but rather then getting into a discussion of the bibles infallibility, (although maybe i’ll post on that in the future) i’ll be posting in the upcoming weeks on something iv’e been learning from the bible, and how it’s been impacting me.
I know it’s a small intro, but make sure to check back on Thursdays if you want some interesting thoughts from the Bible!